Here's one option: You can do a bunch of work designing a new DNA construct in GenoCAD, then close your browser and leave to go get a latte, then get back and find all that work gone, then start over from scratch."
Here's another option: You can do a bunch of work designing a new DNA construct in GenoCAD, then save it and have it forever.
Although the GenoCAD team has intense debates about a lot of issues (Um, pour-over coffee is definitely better than french press), one thing we agree on unanimously is that the second option is much, much better.
So, with that in mind, here's how you save a DNA design in GenoCAD:
- Open up GenoCAD.com and log in
- Click on "Design Construct"
- Select a grammar
- Select a library of genetic parts
- Design your genetic construct using the wizard
- Click on "Save Design"
- Name your design (we recommend using a descriptive name; don't just call it "Wilfred.")
- Click on "Save Design" again
- Share you success with friends and family